- Thank you so much for writing such a detailed and insightful book. It really helped me understand the horrors around the Holocaust and better grasp the societal entrenchment which prevented many with means from fleeing. I really enjoyed it. It brought to life a fascinating and broad reaching spectrum of history . . . a compelling and illuminating read. Truly a work of art in and of itself.
- I just finished the novel and loved! I took Taylor, Sarah, and everyone else on vacation with me and could have just stayed in the room all curled up with them the entire time! Honestly, during the story, so many times, I found myself so impressed with all you did to bring their story to life. I never really thought about all that goes in to writing a great novel, but I am amazed . . . I also can’t wait until your next venture!
- It was amazing. The characters were such a part of me by the end I was sorry to see them go. I loved the history and art, and the way the author completely made their lives, their times, their locations – all come alive, down to the littlest detail about their clothing or the sounds or speaking styles of that period. I cannot imagine the research that went into the book, and I can truly say I see my own world, architecture and art much differently and with a much keener eye after reading it.
- I just had the best vacation with Pictures of the Past. Loved, loved, loved it. I am so sorry it is over. The characters were so real to me. I hope I will see them in a movie one day. Thank you for my history lessons and the clever tidbits of info, like Waldorf and Oscar. My husband proposed to me at Gilson Park, not that far from my house on Sheridan.
- What an amazing story!!! I literally couldn’t put it down!
- I have just finished reading Pictures of the Past and wanted to write to tell you just how much I loved your book!! It was wonderful! The story was intriguing and made me want to keep reading. I enjoy reading historical novels based during the WWII years and have read several about the Holocaust. I enjoyed the way you interwove the stories of the different characters and brought them all together at the end. I look forward to reading more books written by you in the future. Thank you for writing such a wonderful book!
- I was thoroughly engrossed in the story and was eager to find the outcome. The book was well-written, well-researched and a good read.